Well, apparently I’ve been given another award, this one by Healing Magic Hands. And the award intrigues me. What is the significance of it? Why “Honest Scrap”? Who originated it, and why? I don’t know the answers to any of these questions. I thought maybe I was given the award for using scrap yarn to make hats for preemies. Or because I tend to occasionally get into scraps with people on the internets.
I’m supposed to pass it on to seven other bloggers. I rarely do, as it usually has some onerous thing attached to it, like list ten interesting things people don’t know about you. Like this one does. Most of the folks I would give this award to are busy, busy, busy. I won’t burden them with one more thing to do in their days. I will nominate some folks, feel free to ignore the award. Daisy Fae, you’re up first, then GnuKid, AnnieGirl, and Rob. Anybody else wants to play, feel free, but don’t feel obligated.
Ten interesting things, huh. I don’t know if there is that many. We shall see.
- I have just learned to knit cables.
- You use a thing that looks like a giant fishhook to knit cables.
- I’m celebrating my November birthday in July this year, so that my family can be with me, and not get moldy from the November rain.
- I got a X-mess present from Daisy Fae and GnuKid the other day. The best part was the lava lamp night light and the inflatable fruitcake. Actually, it was all the home made goodies. And some other things. Muchas Gracias, guys, you’re the best.
- Friday turned 13 years old on March first.
- I knitted four baby caps during the Ravelympics, but only two of them counted “officially.” Hey, I was doing it for the bebes.
- I resemble the folks in the HTC commercial who have their cell phones within arms reach all day and night, but I rarely TALK on it. It has too many other uses.
- I was born in Ft. Worth, TX. It was an accident.
- I’m older than the hills and younger than springtime. Go figure.
- At one time I wanted to study to be a midwife in rural Kentucky. Those women made their rounds on horseback.
Editing to add the purpose of the award, which I found elsewhere online. I cannot claim to fit this description in any way, but am grateful for the award anyway.
This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant. When accepting this award, you must write a post about it, including the name of the person who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the blog names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with the Honest Scrap award. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
If I am to pass this award on to someone who’s content is brilliant, besides the above-named, I must add Nurse Myra, who’s content is always brilliant and Cliff Mass, who keeps me up to date with Western Washington weather.