- Western Washington is have drenching rain and high winds. It doesn’t affect Seattle much, but people are losing power all over the place from trees blowing down. No geocaching until Spring.
- We are once again battling ear infections in Friday. And once again have the Vet Bill From Hell! That $600-900 a year for vet insurance isn’t sounding so bad now. Except that I think she’s so old none of them will cover her now. And from the comments I’ve read, pet insurance is just as good as human insurance at discovering ways to make sure they don’t pay out.
- The microwave broke. Unless I get one for my birthday next week, it will be March before I can afford one. But I discovered this primitive appliance called a stove. There’s one in my apartment.
- The batteries are dying on the wheelchair. So far, they are only giving me warning lights. Pray they hold out ’til February, when the vet bill will be paid off.
- One of my knitting buddies has promised me all her acrylic yarn. I’m going to have a Stash Enhancement eXperience!
- My house is messy and dirty, and I haven’t slept in ages. Oh, wait, that’s not new.
- I have a new therapist. I like her. Not enough to knit for her, but I like her. She may be knitting fodder next giftmas.
- After going down last year, my Medicare is going up this year. By $113/mo. And we are not getting a cost of living raise on Social Security. I will have to change to a different plan that doesn’t cost as much. And I will cry. My present plan is well rated, the others, not so much. Single payer healthcare can’t come soon enough.
- I made the first chili of the season last night. The new chili powder I bought is pretty potent. Remind me to lower the dose next time.
OK, I’m gonna go crawl in my Snuggie and read a book now, they’re due at the library soon. I can’t wait until I can knit and read at the same time.